"To label any human being as inferior based on their health, their appearance, their size, their choices in food or physical activity or any other arbitrary measure that is nobody's business but their own is bigotry." ~ Fat Heffalump

4/18/13

A Teal Tunic

I've knit a lace tunic for Ellie.



Tiny Teal Tunic

Pattern: Knit Picks Tunic Top by Claire Henesey

Yarn: Mary Lue's Solo (A fingering weight knitting machine yarn)
Content: 100% Acrylic
Color: Teal

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 2

Cast on: April 11, 2013
Completed: April 15, 2013

Comments: I was relieved that it fit the doll when it was done. I do not care for the shaping in the back. I'm mystified as to why it was done that way. It's cute though. I put snaps in the back opening, then sewed tiny little antique pearl buttons on top for decoration.




I had fun posing Ellie for the photos.



She needs pants, or a skirt. I suppose I should get busy knitting.

Ellowyne Positively Negative arrived yesterday, just in time to get in on the session.


More pics of her tomorrow.

Yesterday was national doll arrival day, I think. Cuz all the dolls I ordered arrived. It was kind of exciting getting packages throughout the day.

The sun shone all day long. It was gorgeous out, so I sat out on the deck and knitted for a couple hours, soaking up that much needed vitamin D. I knitted on St. Brigid. It felt good to be able to work on her.

I also toured the yard looking for sprouts. Found bad news. The moose chewed the bark off in a narrow band all around my flowering crab apple. I hadn't noticed that before. Consequently, the tree has died. I want to cry. It was so beautiful when it bloomed. Goodbye sweet Crabapple. I loved you.

Stupid moose!

From spring 2007

All the irises I dug up last summer and tossed in the woods around the border of the yard are sprouting. That is so cool! In time I will have irises blooming all over the place. Looking forward to it. The daffodils are opening up now, and some of the wild flowers are peeking out.

I love spring!

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments: