"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/9/13

WIP Wednesday 1/9/2013

This is the first WIP Wednesday post of the year 2013. Woo hoo!

I'm sharing 3 projects today. The pictures are terrible because it's been a dark and dreary day so there is no good light around here. But I shall post them anyway.

First, I've finished the front of the Chevron sweater, and I've put together the shoulder seams. Next comes the sleeves, which are picked up and knit top down.



This is where I am on the silver flossy shrug.



I do not have enough of the silver fur for what's in my minds eye. I've looked in all the yarn boxes for Knit Wits and there is no more silver. So I'm gonna be taking this out and doing something else.

I have started a baby cardigan. I've been wanting to make this every since I saw the pattern early last year.



I'm knitting from the top down. I've finished the yoke/shoulder section, have put the sleeve sts on holders, and I'm now working on the stockinette stitch body. The yarns are actually a rather nice pale aqua blue and a creamy white.

My glasses have broken again, in the same place as before-the spring in the hinge has broken. This is the third time. I'm not getting them repaired. I'm getting new ones. I have an appointment tomorrow with the optometrist and whatnot. We're leaving on our cruise in just over 2 weeks. I hope they can get the new ones in time. I've been told they can. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, I'm wearing the old ones again. I'm nervous though. They have the same kind of spring type hinge. I hope they don't break before I get the new ones or it'll be duct tape time for me.

We got whomped with snow on Sunday night and Monday. Got about 15 inches of it! Spent all Monday and the next day digging out. Then last night it started warming up and turned to rain. Today it rained pretty much all day and was in the 40's for the days temps. I was able to get the ice off the back steps finally. It had gotten pretty thick and difficult to walk on.





If you're interested in participating in WIP Wednesday, please join us.


Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment