"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/18/12

Ribes Jumeaux Socks

I finally got some decent photos of the socks. I came up with a name I like for them. Ribes Jumeaux (Ribs Joo moh) is french for Twin Ribs which is the stitch pattern I used. Aren't I clever? Anyway, the finished socks.



Ribes Jumeaux

Pattern: Ribes Jumeaux by me.

Size: Mens medium

Yarn: Knitivity Down Home Art Yarns Sock in Patina
Content: 75% Superwash Wool/25% Nylon

Yarn: Red Heart Heart & Sole in Navy Blue
Content: 70% Superwash Wool/30% Nylon.

Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars in size 2.

Cast on: November 18, 2012
Bound off: December 4, 2012

Comments: I loved working with the yarn. I love the Patina colorway. In all honesty, it makes me think of a river in Montana that we camp near on occasion. But Bull River socks doesn't sound right to me.

The stitch pattern is super easy. Only two rows to memorize.



Navy blue was the perfect color to put with this yarn. I put two stripes in the twisted rib cuff.



The heel is my favorite slip stitch heel flap pattern with rounded turn.



Then I matched the wedge toe to the cuff with stripes.



I think the pattern is great, but I'm biased. It's being test knitted, and I plan to publish it in January. It'll be sooner if the test knitters are fast.

This particular pair of socks has been shipped to the east coast. They're a Christmas present for the son-in-law. I hope he likes them.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment