"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/24/12

A Beanie For Tyler

Weekend knitting:



Beanie for Tyler


Pattern: Beanies For The Brave by Kathy Lang made for my nephew Tyler.

Size: Adult

Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash Wool in Blue and Orange
Content: 100% superwash wool, worsted weight

Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars in size 7.

Cast on: September 23, 2012
Bound off: September 23, 2012

Comments: It took me just a few hours to make this. A lot less time than I expected.

I love the star shape you get on the crown via the decreases.



The cuff is just a few rows of 1x1 twisted rib.



Rather than the 2 stripes in the pattern, I did something a little different.



It's a short cap, so it should be able to be worn under Tyler's helmet.



All in all I am quite pleased with this pattern. It was easy to knit and looks great!



I have lots of leftover yarn so I think I'll make him a second one in orange with blue stripes.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment