"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/3/12

Butterfly Wings Shawl



Butterfly Wings Shawl

Pattern: Butterfly Wings Shawl by Ruth Park (for Knit Wits)
Size: 66 inches wide by 28 inches long at center.

Yarn: Unknown brand 3/12 lace weight in off white
Content: 100% baby melting Acrylic

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 5.

Cast on: April 17, 2012
Completed: July 26, 2012

Comments: I love this pattern. But I'm biased.



My own daughter designed and wrote it. I am SO proud of her!



This pattern is not for a beginning lace knitter. I would say it's for Advanced knitters.



Not for KIP knitting either. Every row is different. None of that lazy purling all the way across on the wrong side. ;-)



But oh so worth the effort! I'm entering it in the fair. I'll let ya know how it goes.



It is appropriate that butterfly wings should be fluttering in the breeze.



If you want to knit this pattern, it can be purchased from Ray at Knitivity.

Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments:

  1. Gracious, that is gorgeous!! Congrats on the finish and congrats on having such a talented kid. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shawl is beautiful. Definately in the top 10% of all the shawl patterns I've been.

    ReplyDelete