"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/3/12

Baby Aran in Orange





Baby Aran in Orange

Pattern: Aran Baby Cardigan from McCalls Knitting Book 5 (1972)

Size: 12 months

Yarn: Lion Brand Sayelle #133 Tile (discontinued decades ago)
Content: 100% Dupont Orlon Acrylic

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 9.

Cast on: January 1, 2012
Completed: March 3, 2012

Comments: This is, of course, my favorite baby sweater pattern. It turned out larger than the pattern sizing because I used a size 9 needle instead of size 6. I like it. The fabric is a little softer as a result.



The buttons came from my stash of antique buttons that I 'inherited' several years ago.



I made this sweater for Knit Wits (charity).



I should mention, I obtained ownership of the copyright to this pattern from the copyright holders, so I can share it with you. Click on the linky to download a PDF of it ----->  Aran Baby Cardigan

Live long and prosper. \\//

7 comments:

  1. That is really a beautiful sweater! Thank you for being able to share the pattern, I love to do arans and for a special baby this would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this pattern!! Your sweater came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the world did you obtain the copyright for the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tracked down the copyright owner and asked them for it. They said yes. They didn' t even want money. They said they had no interest in ever publishing it again so I could have it. It never hurts to ask. Sometimes the answer is yes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweater looks great and I like it much better then the original, the orange works much better,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the finish; it looks wonderful! And thank you so much for asking for the copyright for "all of us". It's a great sweater pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!
    Turtleknits

    ReplyDelete