"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/11/11

Seed Stitch Striped Mittens for Men

At last, it's all done. My first mitten design. It's for guys, or ladies with big hands.



Seed Stitch Striped Mittens for Men

Pattern: Seed Stitch Striped Mittens for Men by Me.

Yarn: Clarks "O.N.T," Wondura (discontinued)
Color: Dark Green
Content: 100% Orlon Acrylic

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 5.

Size: Mens Medium (8.5 inch hand circumference, 11 inches long)

Cast on: September 30, 2011
Bound off: November 9, 2011

Comments: I started out with the intent to make stockinette mittens, but decided to make it interesting by incorporating some seed stitch stripes. I've written up the pattern  and you can find it, free, on my pattern blog.

I love the texture. They knit up quickly too because they're made with worsted weight yarn.



The pattern features a knit in thumb gusset for comfort and fit.



For extra warmth, but ease in care, I recommend superwash wool.



Christmas is coming. They'd make a nice gift for the man in your life. Or, better yet, knit a pair for charity in memory of someones beloved fur kid.

I'm donating this pair to Knit Wits in memory of Tuxie, my friend Judy's pug, who passed away yesterday. Rest in peace Tuxie. You will be missed.



Let me know how you like the pattern.

Live long and prosper. \\//






No comments:

Post a Comment