"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/9/10

Mitts are Done

Happy weekend! I have a FO. I finished the fingerless mitts for the class on Thursday. I've only got a pic of one at the moment, because the other is at the shop-hopefully on display by now.


Easy Ribbed Fingerless Mitts

Pattern: Modification of Maine Morning Mitts  by Clara Parkes
Size: Womans
Yarn: Wisdom Yarns Poem in color #578
Content:
100% Wool 
Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 7.
Cast on: October 6, 2010
Bound off: October 7, 2010

Comments: My modification version is better than the pattern. But I'm biased. I do not particularly care for the Poems yarn. It's nice enough to work with, fairly even in size as you knit, soft to the touch (way better than Noro Kureyon), but it is easily pulled apart. At one point my project was laying on the table. I pulled on the yarn to draw it closer to me and it broke (the yarn, not the table). So, don't use it for something that you want to last awhile.


~~~~~~~~~~


Blackwork (Needlecraft Mystery)I started a second sweater last night. I know the first one isn't completely done yet, but it is at the point where I won't be wanting to KIP with it. It stays home now. I want to make another Christmas gift sweater, so I thought I better get it going. I won't say who it's for, cuz I want it to be a surprise, and that person reads my blog occasionally. I've chosen the February Lady Sweater pattern, which is a style that looks really great on the receiver of  this gift. I'm using a superwash wool in a bright teal color.


I have exciting news! Being a Monica Ferris fan, I lurk over on her blog regularly. This week she had a blog contest and I won it! I couldn't believe it when I got her email. She is sending me an autographed copy of her latest book, Blackwork. Is that cool?


Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment