"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/29/09

Red Today

I've finished the necklace using the first red Lunabead. It took me all day. I'm giving this as a gift to the poor unfortunate lady who gets to draw my weekly blood tests. She has to put up with a lot from me cos I'm a real wimp when there are needles about.

The woven part of the necklace is 3-bead netting.


A closer view of the strung part.


I plan to give her the necklace tomorrow morning. Hopefully, it will be my last blood test. They want to test for a blood clotting disorder for some unknown reason. If it's negative I get to go off the coumadine. If it's positive they want me to take it the rest of my life. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for negative.

Red Crossbills chowing down on black sunflower seeds.


Have a good day.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your medical tests! I love the beading - it is a lovely gift! I have acute bird-envy! lol I wish I got birds like that at my feeder - truly gorgeous. There are very few birds coming to my feeders lately and I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a totally gorgeous necklace. I love looking at your bead work.

    See you a week from today at noon - unless I'm lost in CDA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the necklace! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete