"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/2/08

T'was a Busy Weekend

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. I've been busy knitting, eating, hangin' with the family. All in all I had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Lots of fun and great food. But I think I've paid for it cos I didn't feel so good yesterday.

Due to the fact I took my knitting everywhere I went all weekend, I have finished a couple projects.

Lacy Scarf for Knitwits


Pattern: Mohair Lace Scarf from House of Needlecraft.

Yarn: Fluff Print from N.Y. Yarns in Evening Blue and a strand of Bernat Softee Baby in Bongo Blue

Needles: Size 13 Addi Turbo Circular.

Cast On: November 19, 2008
Completed: November 27, 2008

Comments: I love love love this pattern. It's one of my favorites for scarves. I plan on publishing it on my pattern site in the very near future, since I own the copyright for it.


Opal 1292 Socks


Pattern: My basic top-down 2-circular needle sock pattern with the following stitch pattern for the leg and instep:

Rnd 1: K2, P2.
Rnd 2: Knit.

Yarn: Opal Petticoat sock yarn, 2/24 acrylic for reinforcement thread.

Color: #1292. Reinforcement thread is pastel mint green.

Needles: Size 2 Addi Turbo Lace Circular.

Cast On: November 12, 2008
Completed: December 1, 2008

Comments: I can't seem to get enough of garter rib patterns. They look so good with the self striping yarns. I made these socks just a little wider and longer to accommodate my slightly larger left limb and they fit really good.

I also started a project. One of my daughters has requested fingerless gloves for Christmas. I found this really cute pattern on the internet called Stulpen by Petra.


I dug in the stash and found the Kiwi Green Opal sock yarn. Perfect color for Sarah. She wears variations of this color quite a bit. I cast the first one on the needles and couldn't stop knitting until I'd finished it. I sat in the hug most of the day Saturday working on it. Could not put it down. It's incredibly fun to knit. I made a couple changes to the pattern because I'm using fingering weight yarn, but the pattern calls for sport weight. I'll address them later.

By the way, if you follow the link to the pattern (Stulpen), scroll down if you don't speak German. It's in both German and English.

I'm a little worried about my Morgan. He has refused to eat his breakfast the last two mornings. He doesn't refuse to eat anything else, so what's the deal? Not hungry in the morning any more? Tired of having the same dog food day after day? Other than that, he seems to be fine. Very odd.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment