"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/24/08

Edaline

I introduce to you

Edaline


Pattern: from Knitted and Felted Toys by Zoe Halstead

Yarn: Red Heart Classic 100% Worsted weight acrylic in lt. peach, unknown 100% worsted acrylic in lavender, Bernat Baby Coordinates in Blue, Red Heart Baby Sport in Seashore.

Needles: Size 5.

Comments: Although I list the pattern above, to be honest, I have so completely changed this doll that it's a shadow of it's former self construction wise. I knit the head/body/tail all in one piece, in the round, so there would be no seaming. Along the way I found myself doing the usual "I think it would be better if I changed the stitch count to this, and the row count to that, and how about I inc/dec like this instead..." , not to mention she's knit in worsted weight (or 2 strands of sport) yarn. The original design doesn't have a nose either.

I love her. That's all there is to it. Anyone who gets to have purple hair has got to be cool! Actually, I had not planned on purple hair to start. I couldn't find any yarn I liked in 'normal' hair colors in the stash last night, and didn't want to wait until the next club meeting to finish her. I had the thought "This is for a little girl. What do little girls like?" Taking a cue from the many Pretty Ponies my daughters had when they were little, I chose light purple.

Supposed to be nice weather this weekend, then a return to snow. So, just what is the penalty for hiring a hit man to take out the weather man (or the Snow Fates, for that matter)?

Have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. She is so sweet! I personally think the purple hair was the right move. Mermaids really don't have brown hair, do they? Good Job. Ahrisha

    ReplyDelete