"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/1/14

Knitting Doll Hats

I am not real happy about how my wool felt doll hats turned out, so I decided to create a knit one instead. This is the first prototype.



Knit Hat with Wide Brim

Pattern: Not available

Yarn: Cestari Heather Collection in Natural
Content: 75% Cotton/25% Wool, dk weight

Needles: Addi Turbo circular size1

Cast on: May 24, 2014
Bound off: May 25, 2014

I like the hat, but it is not what I had in my minds eye. The brim is too wide, it doesn't curl up the way I want it to, and the hat is just a little snug on the dolls head.



So I made a second one. I used a size larger needle, and put a couple less rows in the brim.



Knit Hat with Slightly Narrower Brim

Pattern: Not available

Yarn: Cestari Heather Collection in Natural
Content: 75% Cotton/25% Wool, dk weight

Needles: Addi Turbo circular size2

Cast on: May 25, 2014
Bound off: May 29, 2014

I LOVE this hat! The brim curls just like I want. However, it's still a bit wide. So the next one I will take out a couple more rows in the brim.



The hat research and development project will continue.

We're having gorgeous weather this weekend. But the pollen is too thick. I go outside and a few minutes later I have an asthma attack. I'm having a hard time staying inside though. We don't get many days like this in north Idaho. Sigh.

My 5 Ebay listings have ended. I sold 3 of them. I think that's pretty darn good. I've been retaking photos of the red beaded dress to try again.



The hat has been added to the outfit. It really sets it off nicely. I'll be listing it later this week. In the meantime, Amber is enjoying the lovely weather.




Live long and prosper.\\//

No comments:

Post a Comment