"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/19/13

Jeweled Cowl

Just realized I haven't done the finished post for this yet. I think it turned out gorgeous, but I'm kind of biased about it.



Jeweled Cowl


Pattern: Jeweled Cowl by Sachiko Uemura

Size: 44 by 14 inches

Yarn: Raven Ridge Fiber Arts Hand Painted Sock
Content: 80% Merino Wool/20% Silk
Color: Pine Bark
Beads: Size 8 Silver Lined Pale Pink AB

Needles: ChiaoGoo Twist Red Lace Circular size 8

Cast on: October 29, 2013
Completed: November 28, 2013

Great pattern. I would suggest using a very stretchy cast on and bind off. I LOVE this yarn but, unfortunately, it's been discontinued.



The beads went perfect with this yarn color.







It's wrapped and ready to be shipped today.



I also finally got around to taking a pic of this years Christmas tree.


We got a new star with LED lights in it. It changes color. It's pure coincidence that it turned purple just as I clicked the camera button.

Live long and prosper. \\// 

1 comment: