"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/23/13

Fire and Blood

It's been more than a week since my last post! How did that happen? Been busy busy busy. I'm posting a FO today.



2x2 Ribbed Fingerless Mitts

Pattern: Fingerless Mitts by Amanda Gill.

Yarn: Mixed Fiber Novelty by Gala
Content: Acrylic/nylon/polyester mix, worsted weight
Color: Gold/Red/Brown

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 6

Cast on: May 2, 2013
Completed: May 22, 2013

Comments: I altered the pattern some. Did my own thing for the thumb gusset. This is one of the yarns I found at BigLots!.The yarn is difficult to work with because the red/brown is a strand of boucle' that likes to get caught on the needle tips, but other than that, I like it very much. It's soft and warm, and machine washable. Can't argue with that.



I made them for Knitwits.



The past week has been very stressful. It's hard to take care of my father from such a long distance. Over the weekend I did some gardening, helped work on the hot tub, and knitted. On Saturday we went and saw the new Star Trek Into Darkness movie. I love it. It's one of the best movies I've ever seen. Lots of fun, action, explosions, humor, and entertainment. I really like the way J.J. Abrams makes movies. I want to go see it again. I will be owning the DVD.

I haven't slept much in the last few days or so. I have been trying very hard not to let the difficult personal stuff going on in my life bother me, but I'm failing miserably. The stress has taken it's toll. Besides being unable to sleep, on Tuesday my bladder started bleeding. I didn't really understand that's what was happening though. I thought all that red in my urine was dye from all the Fruit Punch Mio I'd drank the day before. Not one of my brightest moments.

Early Wednesday morning (about 3am) I asked my husband to take me to the hospital emergency. I was in a great deal of pain, bleeding, and unable to pee even though my bladder was very very full. As it turned out, the blood in my bladder had clotted and was blocking up the plumbing. While at the hospital, I managed to push it out. Very painful at first, but oh! When the dam broke it felt sooooooo good! They took some blood and urine for tests. They found nothing wrong. No reason for it other than stress. No infections or anything else could be found. I have been taking Coumadin for a few years because of a blood clotting disorder. The doctor said bleeding in the bladder can happen for that reason, combined with the stress. I was sent home with instructions to rest and follow up with my personal doctor in a few days. So that's what I've been doing. Resting. I even managed to get some sleep last night. The bleeding stopped after I got home. I still feel so tired though. It'll be a couple more days before I'm back to normal.

As I said, I've been knitting. I've finished the red doll dress and the knitting on the silver shrug. I need to sew up the sleeve seams and it'll be done too. All of my little knit projects are done. I guess I'll have to start casting on some more. Can't decide what to start with. So many choices! Maybe I'll start with another pair of fingerless mitts with the second color of the above yarn. I have some in a pretty silver gray with a gold/brown boucle' strand in it.

Stuff has started sprouting in the garden. I mean-stuff I've planted. Not just weeds. We have baby Sunflowers, Beets, Sweet Peas, Carrots, and Turnips. The Dahlias and Lilys I planted in the pots on the deck are sprouting too. We got a nasty frost last night, but everything seems to be doing fine despite it. The air is thick with pine pollen right now. It's that time of year. I've had to use the inhaler more than usual as a result. Yesterday it rained pretty much all day, which beat it all to the ground so the air is much cleaner today.

I'm planning for my next post to be about the two doll dresses and the pair of slacks I've finished. Hoping that works out for me.

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment