"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/30/12

It Was a Great Christmas

So, I've been neglecting the blog the last couple weeks. That's because I've been super busy with the holidays and all. Things should calm down later this week. I was knitting mittens like crazy whenever I got the chance.



Mittens for Toddlers

Pattern: Classic Mittens by Bernhard Ulmann

Size: Size 5T

Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars in size 5.



Yarn: Plymouth Yarns Coffe Beenz
Content: 75% Acrylic/25% Wool

Cast on: December 16, 2012
Bound off: December 18, 2012



Yarn: Patons Canadiana
Content: 100% Acrylic

Cast on: December 19, 2012
Bound off: December 23, 2012

Comments: I like the rainbows.

I also made a hat to match the rainbow mittens.



Beanie For Toddlers

Pattern: I made it up.

Size: Size 5T +/-

Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars in size 7.

Yarn: Patons Canadiana

Content: 100% Acrylic

Cast on: December 24, 2012
Bound off: December 26, 2012

Comments: I modified the pattern Beanies for the Brave to make this hat, decreasing the stitches to 72 instead of 100. I don't know if this yarn colorway is still available or not. It's one that I carried in my shop so many moons ago.




I've had enough of making mittens for toddlers now. I've moved on to other things. I've managed to put a few more inches on the chevron pullover. I am going to finish it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a fantastic Christmas. On Christmas eve we went to my brother-in-laws for dinner and it was fabulous! So much food, and all of it so good. I made a raw veggie platter with dip, and a French Silk Pie.



The pie was soooooo good!

Christmas morning we opened our presents. Santa was really generous. I got a brand new Nook HD. I've been having fun playing with it.

It's in color!

There's a lot it can do besides being an e-reader. It's going to take some time to learn everything. I love the web browser on it. I've also enjoyed being able to read in bed at night without turning on the lights.

I got an Amazon gift card too, which I've already spent on replacement earbuds and a portable speaker for my little mp3 player. The kittens broke my earbuds by knocking them off the table then dragging them under my rocking recliner where I sat down, rocked back, and crushed them. I almost cried. They had such good sound quality. I hope the new ones are as good.

I got a massage cushion. It feels so good. It fits nicely in the Hug too.

The box it came in.

I also got the biggest box of chocolates I've ever seen in my life! It will take months to eat them, and I shall enjoy every single bit.

Cable gives you an idea how large this box is!
Later in the day we went to our friends, Don and Phyllis, house for dinner and playing cards, as usual. I had a wonderful time too. The whole holiday was full of laughter and joy. One of my best Christmases ever.

Friday, the 28th, was Cables Gotcha Day. I can't believe we've had her for a whole year now! It went so fast. Didn't do much to celebrate though. I made Spaghetti and Meatballs for dinner and let her have some because it's one of her favorites. She was very happy after that.

We have snow. It's been snowing off and on for over a week. We've got just over a foot on the ground. The bird feeders are busy with all the snow around. Lots of House finches. At one point I had over 50 of them. There were so many in the tree it started to look like it had leaves again. Also getting the chickadees, nuthatches, magpies, and woodpeckers. Saw one Pine Siskin too.

Don't know what we're doing New Years Eve. I'm kind of contemplating staying home and going to bed before midnight. I'm kind of tired from all the holidaying, and I'm still struggling with the juicy cough. I think I'm gonna have to go to my doctor about it. I just can't seem to shake it.

If you don't hear from me beforehand, Happy New Year!

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment