"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/15/12

Yellow Fuzzy Baby Hoodie

It's yellow and fuzzy.




Yellow Fuzzy Baby Hoodie

Pattern: Baby Yeti by the Berroco Design Team. (Made for Knit Wits)

Size: Newborn/3 Months

Yarn: Aldemir Yumos
Content: 100% Polyester, bulky weight

Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars in size 11.

Cast on: July 11, 2012
Bound off: August 14, 2012
Blocked and Assembled: October 14, 2012

Comments: This is actually a very fast knit. I just took my darn sweet time on it. The pattern calls for Berroco Plush. I substituted the Aldemir Yumos, which is very similar in weight and used one size larger needles. I had no problem getting gauge. There's a lot of sewing involved, but it doesn't take long. I steam blocked it just like I usually do.



Someones baby is gonna be warm this winter.



All in all, I'd say it was a productive weekend.

We got some RAIN yesterday. Just over half an inch! It cleaned all that smoke and dust out of the air. It's supposed to rain again tomorrow, then clear up. I can live with that.

I just looked back over last week's posts and it seems I've not mentioned the glove. Last Wednesday I got a call from the Knit-n-Crochet shop in Coeur d'Alene. They wanted to know if I would be interested in teaching a class on knitted gloves. Well, heck yes, I'm interested! I love to teach knitting. I drove into the shop to meet with the owner and figure out what I'm doing. She has some of the new conductive thread in stock and wants me to teach a class on making gloves using the thread in the fingertips so one can use their Ipad or smart phone without taking the gloves off. We decided what pattern to use, she gave me a skein of yarn and a little bit of the conductive thread and I've been working on a glove model for the class a bit each day. I've only got the thumb left, which I plan to do tonight. I only had enough thread to do one finger, so I used it on the index finger. I am looking forward to teaching the class. We'll figure out the date after I get the model done.

Knit-n-Crochet was Harmony Yarns until this year. It has a new owner and a new name now. The inside was completely redecorated and rearranged  They have a lot of awesome new yarns. I really like what the new owner has done to the place.

Today I started a batch of peach liqueur. I put it in the closet to age for 2 weeks. Then it's sugar adding time. I've done something different. I left out the cinnamon and added real vanilla extract instead. I'm looking forward to tasting it when it's done.



I have also started beading a bracelet. It starts with Right Angle Weave. When it's done it will be a rather lacy affair. This is how far I am so far. Barely put a dent in it.



The pattern is in French, so I see some time with Google Translator in my future. As you can see, I finally got away from blue. Heh heh.

Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments:

  1. The gloves sound awesome! I work with surveying equipment, which has a touch screen and not having to cut a finger off to use the screen in the winter might be, quite possibly, the most fantastic thing ever.

    Also the yellow fuzzy hoodie reminds me of a baby chick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, I was wanting to make the yeti jacket but wasn't sure what weight wool to use... just wondered what you went for? :)

    ReplyDelete