"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/16/12

Conductive Mitt

I have finished the model for the gloves class.

Palm

Conductive Mitt

Pattern: Flashy Fingers Gloves by Shelley Mackie. (Made for Knit-n-Crochet)

Size: Medium

Yarn:  Schachenmayr nomotta Bravo Color in Madrid Print
Content: 100% Acrylic, sport weight

Yarn:  Conductive Thread

Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars in size 3.

Cast on: October 10, 2012
Bound off: October 15, 2012

Comments: I love the yarn. I had not used it before. It feels wonderful and is extremely nice to work with. One of the best quality acrylics I've come across. I hope to see more of this yarn in my future.

The pattern is okay. It runs a little on the snug side. Increasing a needle size should fix that.

I also found errors in the size medium, the size I knit. It was easy to fix. I don't want to go into details here. (You can find that info in my Ravelry notebook entry.) I added the conductive thread in at the last half inch of the index finger. Would have done all of the fingers and thumb that way but didn't have enough thread. It takes about a yard per finger. One finger is sufficient for a class model.

Back

I added the conductive thread in at the last half inch of the index finger. Would have done all of the fingers and thumb that way but didn't have enough thread. It takes about a yard per finger. One finger is sufficient for a class model.

Have I mentioned that we got something from our garden after all? I planted it late because we had such a cold and wet spring. I planted carrots, beets, corn, sunflowers, bachelor buttons, zinnias, and acorn squash. I did get some flowers from it in August. The corn grew about 18 inches tall, bloomed, then died. It never had any ears. The sun flowers got about 6 feet tall, then frosted to death. The squash never sprouted. The beets sprouted and then died. That is how my garden went this year. I actually gave up on the thing around the end of August.

Last weekend Sweet Hubby decided to roto-till everything under for the winter. He discovered the row of carrots actually had carrots in it! I pulled them all up. Got about a gallon of them. Most were fairly small, but oh so sweet! We've been eating them ever since. I should  have taken a picture of them right after I washed them all. Not many left now. I plan to make a carrot cake tomorrow.

We weighed the kittens today. Merino is 5lb 6oz and Cashmere is 4lb 9oz. They sure are growing fast!

Live long and prosper. \\//



No comments:

Post a Comment