"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/21/12

Pink Fancy Flossy




Pink Fancy Flossy Shrug

Pattern: Fancy Flossy Shrug by me

Size: Ladies, 56 inches from cuff to cuff.

Yarn:  Bobtail by Schoeller+Stahl in shades of Pink (discontinued)
Content:  58% Polyester/42% Acrylic, bulky weight.

Yarn: Caron Kolormatch in White (discontinued)
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight

Yarn: Red Heart Supersaver in Rose Pink (this color is discontinued)
Content: 100%  Acrylic, worsted weight 

Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars in size 10 and 15.

Cast on: September 5, 2012
Bound off: September 16, 2012

Comments: Took less than 100 yards of furry yarn. I carried one strand of Rose Pink throughout, except the cuffs which are one strand of White. Made it just a little longer than usual. Some people have longer arms.



Of course, I made this for Knit Wits.


~~~~~~~~~~

I had the oddest experience this morning. I heard Cable outside barking at something so I went out to see what was going on. Down the hill was a big doe. Cable was a few feet from her barking her head off. The doe didn't seem to be bothered and actually walked toward her, so she jumped back and barked some more. This went on for awhile. Then, Cable charged at the doe. The doe charged back, so Cable turned around and ran straight for me. The doe took chase. So there I am with a dog and a large doe running full blast straight for me. Needless to say, it scared me.  I knew I couldn't outrun her so I dived behind a small tree so there'd be something between us. As soon as I did that the doe suddenly turned and ran off into the woods. It was almost like my movement scared her.

This is not the first time I've seen this doe chase Cable. What I can't figure out is if they are playing together, or if she's just really aggressive (the doe, not Cable)? Are she and Cable friends?

Is this the deer whisperer?

Did she not notice me come out of the house? Is that why she didn't run off right away? Usually the deer are afraid of humans. I hope to get some answers to these questions.

There is never a dull moment on the Parkarosa.

I am keeping myself indoors pretty much. Wednesday the smoke had cleared up quite a bit, so I took advantage of the opportunity to have the doors and windows open and I shampooed the wool Moose area rug and runner in the living room. My vacuum cleaner is a Kirby that converts into a shampooer (among other things). It's the first time I've shampooed since installing the rugs. They look brand new now.

Thursday the smoke moved back into the area. It's worse than ever now. So I'm hunkered down in my house. It's also very warm. In the 80F's today. Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the low 90F's. Hello air conditioner!

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment