"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/21/12

Stacked Olives Mitts

I finished a knitting project this morning! I designed these for Ray at Knitivity.

BACK OF HAND SIDE

Stacked Olives Fingerless Mitts

Pattern: Stacked Olives Fingerless Mitts by me
Size: Womans

Yarn: Knitivity Phydlbitz
Color: Lakewood Berry
Content: 75% Superwash Wool, 25% Nylon. 430 yards / 113 grams

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 3.

Cast on: March 3, 2012
Completed: May 21, 2012

Comments: I can't believe how long it took me to finish these. It's not that I didn't enjoy working on them. I don't know why it's taken so long. I like the yarn but I think the stitch pattern would show up a lot better if there wasn't black in the colorway.

PALM SIDE

I've incorporated 2 different slip stitch patterns into the design. This one is a twisted slip stitch pattern of ovals stacked on top of each other.



The palm side features a 3x3 slip rib.



They are very comfortable to wear. I'm satisfied with the results.

Today I worked on creating stitch pattern charts for the pattern. My first ones. I downloaded and installed a knitting font which took a bit for me to figure out how to do. Then I created a table in MS Word and carefully typed in each symbol. Took me a long time to do it because I don't have a lot of experience with creating tables and I was combining that with learning the font. I'm glad it's done. My daughter, Ruth, is now test knitting the pattern for me. I want to get this thing out the door! Ray has been waiting way too long for it.

Update: Contact Knitivity for availability and price of this pattern.

Had a nice weekend. It was a beautiful sunny day on Saturday. I spent part of the day gardening. I dug up part of the front yard flower bed and planted a couple rose bushes and three 1-gallon dahlia plants already blooming that I found at Lowes. One of the rose bushes is pale yellow (can't remember the name at the moment) and has a wonderful scent. The other is one that was in the back flower bed called Rio Samba (my favorite!). It was being shaded by a shrub so I decided to move it to a better, warmer, sunnier location.

After the gardening I sat down and did some beading. I worked on the Laura McCabe project. Almost have the spiral rope base done.

Saturday evening brother-in-law Dan and wife Sue came over for dinner. I barbecued Pork Spareribs. It's only the 3rd time I've made this dish. It came out SO unbelievably GOOD! I think I can safely say I've mastered the fine art of barbecuing ribs. We also had baked potatoes, tossed green salad, french rolls, and I made a Strawberry pie for dessert.

Sunday I was a lazy thing in the morning. All the gardening I'd done Saturday made me ache from head to toe so I got a cup of coffee, my Nook, and sat out in the morning sun for awhile reading. Later that afternoon we went up to my sister-in-law Kathryn's for dinner. She had burgers and salads. The burgers were very very good. It was nice visiting with her and other family that showed up.

Today it rained all day long. We even had some thunder and lightening. I had planned to do some more gardening, but I don't do it in the rain so I worked on finishing the above mitts instead.

Tomorrow is supposed to be another rainy day. I have Rathdrum Knitalong to attend. Looking forward to that.

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment