"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/12/12

Ocean Sky

After ripping out the fringe and redoing it, I am finally happy with my little African stitch amulet bag. I've named it Ocean Sky because that's what I see when I look at it.



The pattern for this bag is here: African Amulet. It does not include instructions for the fringe.



The bag is made with 3 colors of size 11 Japanese seed beads.




I used 4mm pink Czech firepolished crystals, pearl white bugle beads, and glass rice pearls in the fringe.



I got the pink glass rectangle bead from a friend several years ago. It came with a bunch of other beads. I've always thought it rather ugly, but when I saw it this morning, suddenly it was beautiful and perfect.



I got the idea for this netted overlay embellishment while I was pulling out the unacceptable fringe. A "what if..." came into my mind. I had to try it.



I love it. It just really adds a nice texture to the whole thing visually.



All in all, worth the hair pulling frustration I went through while figuring out how to make it all work. I'm glad I got it done before the deadline for the bead along too.

I also made some beaded stitch markers to send with the contest prizes. I made used some freshwater pearls and glass flowers from the stash.




Not my best work. I had to use the crimping tool. I don't use it enough to be good at it. I hope Terri likes them.

Well, that's it for now.

Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the amulet bag! I need to do another one!

    And yes, I love the stitch markers! What a nice surprise!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little amulet bag came out gorgeous. I love the colors

    ReplyDelete