"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/29/12

Fuzzy Mint Shrug

Finally got around to finishing this.

Front

Fuzzy Mint Shrug for Knit Wits

Pattern:  I made it up as I went along.
Size: Ladies, 52 inches from cuff to cuff.

Yarn: Ice Yarns Eyelash in Mint Green
Content:  100% Polyester, Bulky weight
Yarn: Bernat Soft Boucle' in Carnival
Content: 97% Acrylic, 3% Polyester
Yarn: Red Heart Baby Pompador in Mint Green (discontinued)
Content:  Acrylic, Nylon. Fingering weight
Yarn: Super Yarn Mart Orlon Sayelle in white. (discontinued)
Content: 86% Acrylic/14% Nylon, worsted weight.

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 10 and 13.

Cast on: January 7, 2012
Bound off: March 24, 2012

Comments: I only had 3 balls of the Eyelash and figuring out how to make an entire adult size shrug with them was quite a challenge. I decided on dropped stitch lace, a second color for stripes, and really big needles.

Detail of stitch pattern.

I added the Baby Pompadour just to give the fabric a little more body and to blend the mint green of the Eyelash with the small amount of green in the Soft Boucle'.

Back

I also knit the sleeves in the round from cuff to 10 inches from cuff, than changed to knitting flat for the body of the shrug. No seams that way. But, in all honesty, it was quite a hassle doing it that way and I would have been better off just knitting it flat and seaming the sleeves.

Folded up.

I washed the shrug yesterday. I used my washing machine on the hand wash cycle, then tumble dried it. It came out so soft and all the stitches evened out so I don't need to block it. It will do nicely as a Knit Wits donation.

Live long and prosper.\\//


1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy seeing projects made up with eyelash yarn. Your shrug looks so nice, thanks for sharing. :)

    Barb

    ReplyDelete