"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/4/12

Blog Reader Special Socks






Pattern: Blog Reader Special Socks by Me

Yarn: Knitivity Down Home Art Yarns Sock
Color: Blog Reader Special  8-April-11 #403
Content: 75% Superwash Wool/25% Nylon

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 3.

Size: Ladies Medium (size 8 shoe)

Cast on: January 3, 2012
Bound off: February 1, 2012

Comments: I created this pattern for Ray at Knitivity. I picked a stitch pattern that I think goes well with variegated yarns. It is an easy pattern to memorize. These are knitted from the toe up. The yarn was nice to work with. I love the way it pooled on the feet. The pattern is available from Knitivity.

We are having a beautiful, although cold, sunshiny day today.



Cable wanted to go outside and play with me, so I tossed a toy around for her in the back yard (a good section of the snow is gone) and we had a very good time. She wore me out very nicely too. 



She is such a pretty girl.



Last night I made roast turkey breast for dinner, with mashed potatoes and gravy, steamed asparagus, and french bread rolls. The turkey was delicious. Cable loved it the most. After dinner she managed to get a hold of the carcass from off the kitchen counter twice even though I pushed the platter all the way to the back. She has a very long reach! I wanted to pick what was left off the carcass for a turkey sandwich later, but after all the dog spit got on it I changed my mind. Cable is keeping us on our toes!

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. I learned to put food in the sink to keep it from the dog.

    ReplyDelete