"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/31/11

Stacked Lace Fingerless Mitts

My last finished project of 2011.



Purple Stacked Eyelet Fingerless Mitts

Pattern: Stacked Eyelet Mitts by me
Size: Womans

Yarn: Jojoland Melody Superwash
Content: 100% Superwash Wool

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 5.

Cast on: December 15, 2011
Completed: December 30, 2011

Comments: I designed these to match the Stacked Eyelet Cowl. I made up the pattern myself. I will probably write this up later, after I get the current sock pattern done (which is being test knit).



Close up of stitch pattern.



These were supposed to be done before Christmas, but I didn't make it. I guess they'll be late getting to their future owner.



Now, what to work on next.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I mention I had a good Christmas? Well, I did. Christmas Eve we went to BIL Dan's house for the annual dinner with the family. It was extra fun this year. I think because I was feeling fairly good. I was still coughing a bit and my nose was dribbling a little. My energy was coming back, though, and it felt great. Dinner was delicious. SIL Sue prepared an awesome Prime Rib roast. There was potatoes, and salads, and veggies, and jello piled high. So many different dishes I couldn't try them all before I got full. Then there was dessert. Groan.... I definitely ate too much.

The next morning we got up and opened our stockings and presents. I am now the proud owner of the complete Star Trek Voyager series on DVD. I'm looking forward to watching it because I missed seeing at least half of the episodes when it was airing on tv. It was being shown at an inconvenient time for me, and we didn't have DVR back then.

Woo hoo! I own it all now. (Well, except the animated series but I'm not interested in that.) I am in Star Trek heaven.

I also got chocolates, a $25 gift card to Amazon (does my family know me, or what?), a clock with a Moose on the face, a tiny little Spock Christmas ornament complete with tiny little tricorder in his hands, and more chocolate.

We went to our friends house for Christmas dinner, and stayed up late playing cards. It was a very enjoyable evening.

It snowed just enough that weekend to give us a white Christmas. Then, on Monday the Pineapple Express hit town. The winds blew in from the south warm, rain fell in torrents, and the snow is all gone. On Thursday the weather was so warm I took Cable on a nice long walk. The sun was shining, the sky was blue, and it was 50F degrees.We went 2 miles.

On Friday it was a little wetter because it slushed the night before. Yes, slushed. It was like walking on spilled Slurpys from 7-11. I took Cable on a stroll in the woods for about a mile. Now I ache from head to toe. Ugh. But she sure enjoyed it. The slush melted away and things dried up later that day.

Rumor has it temps are going to be dropping this next week.

Cable is amazing. She is so smart and well behaved. And so quiet! We haven't heard a single bark from her. When the chicken mailman delivered a package on Thursday morning she didn't even react to it. She saw the truck through the window and just sort of shrugged and went back to chewing her bone. Tommy usually went ape nuts with the barking and the jumping and running outside to greet him. The mailman was very afraid of Tommy. I never saw a mailman so afraid of a little dog in my life. All the other delivery guys that come by would just get out of their trucks and walk to the door, ignoring Tommy and his barking completely. Not this mailman. He'd sit in his truck, honking his horn, and yelling that the dog wouldn't let him out. Give me a break. He could have sent Tommy flying across the yard with one kick.

Meanwhile, we have not told the mailman that Tommy is gone yet. A few weeks ago he came by and had pepper spray in his hand. Tommy never harmed that man. He just stood at a distance and barked at the guy. To bring pepper spray! It made me angry. So I decided he can just go on being afraid for awhile. I don't know what he's gonna do when he gets a look at Cable. She's a lot bigger than Tommy.

I noticed the formatting of my blog is weird today. I don't know why. It's nothing I did. I haven't touched the code of my template at all. I'm assuming Blogger has a bug messing things up and it will work itself out eventually.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing the mitts! Love the color.

    Oooo, I need to go back and watch Voyager...I LOVED that series! I'm more a Star Wars than Trek fan in general, but I <3 Scott Bakula. =)

    ReplyDelete