"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/19/10

The Navy Textured Pullover

I finished this over a week ago. I love it! So does my sister-in-law Diane. If the person I made this for doesn't, I have promised it to her. (Click on the pics to embiggen)



Pattern: Andoa Pullover by Berroco Design Team
Size: Medium
Yarn: Unknown
Content:
Definitely has acrylic and washable wool in it.
Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars 6 and 8.
Cast on: April 23, 2010
Finished: October 10, 2010

Comments: I love this pattern! It was a pleasure to knit. Easy enough that I could cart it around for KIPing, but enough variety that I didn't get bored with it. It's a good one for beginning knitters too. I'd recommend it for those folks looking for that first sweater project.

About the yarn-I found it in my stash. It was given to me by someone a few years ago. No labels on any of the skeins, but doing a burn test told me it has both acrylic and wool in it. I tossed a swatch into the washing machine and dryer twice to make sure it was washable because there was seeds and bits of weeds in it. I was really surprised it didn't felt. I am very pleased with it! It shows off the stitch pattern perfectly, and softened up quite a bit after it was washed so I'm really wishing I knew what kind it is.

Here are more pics for my personal benefit. I really do love this sweater.








Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I have "mystery yarn" in my stash, too. Unfortunately, the stuff I've knit with it didn't turn out anything near as lovely as this sweater. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweater came out great. I have some yarn in my stash that looks something like that & its called I Love This Yarn Tweed.

    http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/i-love-this-yarn-tweed-652222/?F_FilterIds=35549

    ReplyDelete