"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/25/10

Knitting & Crochet Blog Week

The Cat Hat has been finished, blocked, washed, dried, and delivered to the birthday girl. She loves it, which is one of the things that makes knitting fun.

Modeled by daughter Ruth

Cat Hat for Sarah

Pattern:
Witch Cats Hat by Christine de Savoie
Size: Adult
Yarn: Lustersheen by Coats and Clark (vintage) in White and Peacock Blue/Cotton Classic by Tahki Yarns in Black
Content:
100% Acrylic/100% Cotton
Needles:
Addi Turbo Circular size 3 and 5.
Cast on: April 8, 2010
Bound off: April 20, 2010

Comments: I'm glad I decided to do this pattern. I re-educated myself on the techniques for knitting Fairisle so it was a good project to do. I don't enjoy knitting Fairisle as much as I did when I was young, but I can still do it.

The pattern for this hat is very very well written. I'd recommend it for those who are Fairisle beginners.

I enjoyed working with the yarn too. Lustersheen, circa 1970's, was a very nice yarn. I do not know if it still is though. I haven't seen it in any stores around here to find out. 



Just for fun, I took a before blocking pic:



and an after blocking pic:




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


There is something I discovered yesterday that I want to let y'all know about. I ran across a group on Ravelry for bloggers, which I have joined. They have been organizing an internet event for all knitters and crocheters who want to join. 


Knitting & Crochet Blog Week begins tomorrow. I've joined it.
We have one week of specific topics to blog about which are listed on the official blog. It starts tomorrow. For more information you can go to the official blog, or visit the Ravelry Group.

Have a great day. 

2 comments:

  1. That hat is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some modern luster sheen. You could come over and have a look see. It's more or less the same.

    ReplyDelete