"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/24/09

Bacony Goodness

Finally got those cookies baked last night. Oh, are they tasty! Much better than I expected, and I expected good. These are Chocolate Chip Bacon Pecan cookies.





The only thing I would change in the recipe is the amount a batch makes. I wanted 4 dozen cookies minimum. The recipe says it makes 18 cookies, so I tripled it. I ended up with 9.5 dozen. So, either the inventor of this recipe made really big cookies, or there's an error in there somewhere. I'm not complaining. There will be leftovers after tonights dinner. I like that idea.

Last night I finished another knitting project-one I didn't start. A friend of mine was given an unfinished sweater. It's very pretty-a purple wool cardigan in seed stitch and cables. It needed button/neck bands. She asked if I would finish it for her. I like a challenge so I said yes. There wasn't enough of the purple yarn left to make the bands. So I used black, adding a purple stripe in it so it all goes together. It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. I just need to find some buttons to match and sew them on.

Now I will work on finishing that lace shrug I started last month. For now, I need to get busy. I've got 23 people coming for dinner tonight!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment