"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/3/08

Arrrr...There Be Pirate!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you:

Pierre the Pirate



A close up of his hat.



A cute face.


Pattern: Pirate from Knitted and Felted Toys by Zoe Halstead.

Yarn: Assorted worsted weight acrylics.

Needles: Size 5 addi turbo circular.

Cast on: June 4, 2008
Completed: November 3, 2008

Comments: This was easy to knit, but a challenge to put together.

I made a couple changes to the pattern. First, I used worsted weight yarn and size 5 needles instead of sport weight yarn and size 3 needles. It made him about 17 inches tall. Second I added a nose with short rowing.

If I had it to do over, I would make the nose about 3 or 4 rows lower. Eyes should have been closer to the center of the face. Didn't leave me with very much forehead to work with for the hair and hat (which is why the hat is back a bit far on his head).

I also finished this Christmas ornament cover over the weekend. The pattern for it is in The Beadecked Ornament Book 1 by Laura Jensen.




Finally, Tommy was doing something cute this weekend. He was sleeping.


Have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Your ornament is lovely. Your pirate is adorable, and your fur-kid is even more adorable! He is so cute snuggling up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, LJ, your ornament cover is just gorgeous. Loved your pirate, too. And, you little puppy.

    ReplyDelete