"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/16/07

"M" stuff

"M" one---Mystery Sock

Here is the yarn I've chosen for my Socktopia mystery sock. It is Fearless Fiber fingering weight 100% merino wool in the Navajo colorway. This is not superwash-a mistake on my part. I didn't notice that when I ordered it. So these socks will have to be for me cos I'm the only one I know who would bother to hand wash their socks.



This is how it looks wound into a ball. It's so pretty!



I started the sock last night. I tried a new cast on, called the Twisted German cast on, because I've heard that it is very elastic and great for socks. I really like the look of it. I've linked to a tutorial for it in the side bar. I knit the 1.5 inches of ribbing. It is, by far, the most perfect ribbing I think I have EVER knit. I will have to take a pic.

"M" two --- Moose (what else????)

Late in the afternoon I was sitting in the living room casting on for the new baby aran sweater. The sun was shining on the blinds, which were closed so I wouldn't be blinded by the bright. Suddenly, a large shadow crossed the blinds. Naturally, I grabbed the camera. This is who cast the shadow. Introducing Molly Moosy. I went out on the upper deck (facing the garden) to take her pic. She didn't seem to mind.



She posed for a profile pic. By the way, that horizontal board to the left of her face is 4 feet from the ground, so as Moose go, she's on the small side, but definitely bigger than the two boys who visited last week.



Chenille was stalking her for a bit (she must have thought I said large mouse?) but changed her mind and settled down to watch with me.



Miss Moose decided I was not a threat and came over for a Birch snack.



She was panting pretty hard because it was blistering hot out. Then, the sprinklers in the front came on. She investigated. She stood in the sprinklers for a good 10 minutes to cool off, and even drank from them like they were drinking fountains. It was great fun to watch (from the safety of the front porch of course).


She turned to say goodbye before heading back into the woods.


Now, there is a horror story that goes with Molly involving a very very bad Tommy who managed to get out of the house and almost got stomped on. But I will address that later, when I've got more time. Right now I've got to get ready to go. Meeting friends for lunch!

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment