"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/11/07

Pics From Our Walk

I did some knitting over the weekend. My Nautiloid is done. Here it is.

Another view.


In yesterdays entry I talked about going on a walk in the backyard with my daughter Ruth. I had my camera with me and took some photos of some of the wildflowers. This is one of my favorites. We call it CatsEars, but it's official name is Mariposa Lily, or Star Lily.


This is a side view. We have them all over the place right now.


This is Honeysuckle. It smells wonderful, and the hummingbirds love it.


This is a wild rose. The outside is heavy with the scent of them. They're having a bumper crop of flowers this year. Lots of pink and green mounds around the edge of the lawn.


This is called Butter and Eggs Toadwort.


That's all. Have a nice day.

2 comments:

  1. Is this Nautie, from Knitty.com? Way cute. A knitting friend found the beginning part of Nautie, where the spiral is tight, to be kind of hard on her hands -- do you agree?

    You flower pictures are nice, too.

    Happy Summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Nautiloid! I need to make one for myself.

    ReplyDelete