"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/10/07

Today's Bead Group

Didn't do much yesterday. Went walking in the morning with Cindy and Jean. Did 2 miles at the Spokane Valley Mall, collapsed when I got home and turned into an eggplant until bedtime. Didn't even cook dinner (hubby fended for himself). Walking 2 miles on my mashed knee took more out of me than I thought it would.

I did start my HTML lessons. In order to do anything more with this blog in the way of customization, I'm going to have to learn the language. My daughter got me a book, which so far I'm liking very very much. It's called Head First HTML with CSS & XHTML by Elisabeth and Eric Freeman. If you're totally ignorant of the ways of computer languages, this is the book for you. It's written specifically for the computer naive. I'm barely into chapter 1 and already feel light bulbs going on in my head.

Today I went to bead group. I forgot a friends birthday last month. I'll be seeing her again in the near future, so I made a very dainty bracelet for her as a gift. The pattern for this bracelet can be found here: Spring Flower Necklace. It's a variation on the Nepal chain stitch. I used size 11 Japanese seed beads and a sterling silver magnetic clasp. I like it so much I want to make one for me now, with maybe a matching necklace. Hmmm....


Have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. That bracelet is so pretty! Definitely makes me think of spring.

    Thanks for your compliments on my yarn. I like the color but I think I might dye it once more so it's a little darker.

    ReplyDelete