"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/21/07

Purple for March

I have photos of 3 beaded items I've completed this month. Purple seems to be the theme for the month. Everything I've made has purple. Even the peyote box I started this morning.

To start, here is my Purple odd count peyote spiral. I used s/l size 6 amethyst seeds, size 8 purple iris seeds, size 10 matte purple iris triangles, size 11 s/l lavendar seeds, size 11 s/l dark purple seeds, and size 15 s/l fuschia seeds.



















Second we have a set I finished last week. The necklace is made of size 3 iris purple bugles and size 11 Czech seeds in clear with a brass lining, some goldtone round beads, and a couple lampwork beads I found at Michaels ages ago. The bracelet is made of the same. The center of the necklace is spiral bugle stitch and the strap part and bracelet are a chevron chain. I found both of these patterns on Diane Fitzgeralds web site in the articles section.



















Last, but not least, is the cabochon I talked about yesterday. It's made of dichroic glass. I used size 8 purple iris seeds, size 11 s/l dark purple seeds, and matte s/l celery green Delicas. I put branch fringe around it upper left and lower right. I haven't decided what kind of necklace I'm going to make to go with it, but I sure like the way it came out. A funky look for a funky cab.

No comments:

Post a Comment