"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/21/18

Sporty Raglan Baby Cardigan

Normally I would wait until the whole layette set is done before posting this as a finished project. However, this little cardigan is special. I've published a free pattern for it.



Pattern: Sporty Raglan Baby Cardigan by me.

Size: 6-12 months

Yarn: Caron One Pound
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: 508 Sky Blue

Yarn: Big Twist Value Solids
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: 5004 Medium Gray

Needles: Circular size 5 and 7

Started: November 28, 2017
Finished: January 9, 2018



I wanted something a little more masculine to make for KnitWits and came up with this idea loosely based on a lettermans jacket. The sweater is in 2 sizes, 3-6 and 6-12 months, and knit from the top down. So no sewing seams. Intarsia is used to knit the yoke/sleeves part. When you get to the bottom of the armholes the sleeves are put on markers to hold until later while the body is finished. The sleeve stitches are then placed back on the needles and knit in the roun. I used the 2-circular needle methode, but any method can be used.



The collar, bottom welt, sleeve cuffs, and button bands are done in 1 by 1 rib. 



It takes 5 half to three quarter inch buttons.



It's not a hard pattern, and it knits up pretty fast. I've put the free pdf pattern on Ravelry in my store. Click this link to get it: Sporty Raglan Baby Cardigan



As for the layette set? I'm almost done with it. I've got the matching hat and one bootie finished already. I need to put the holes around the edges of the blanket fabric so I can crochet the border.



You'll be seing this again when I've finished the whole set.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment: