"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/15/17

It's Fair Time

This summer has been absolutely insane. I have been so busy. Life has just not let down for a minute and the summer is flying by. I can't believe it's already the middle of August and fair time! Yesterday I took all the items I've gathered from KnitWits and my own projects and hauled them to the fair for entry. KnitWits had more entries this year than last. I'm quite pleased about that. I am also surprised by how many entries I was able to come up with that I've made this past year. Here's what I've entered:

Beaded Twisted Triangle Necklace



It's the only beaded item I've managed to finish.

I entered 2 knitted doll items. Asa's pink dress



and Captain Penn's uniform sweater.



I've entered a stranded knit hat.



Also the fairisle children's mittens.



All of the pieces of this layette set, except the blanket, are entered.



I've entered the jacket and hat together as a set. I entered the booties as a separate item. I've also entered three pieces as a set that I have not taken pics of yet, except this one.



The jacket, hat, and booties from the yellow/black/grey set I was working on. They're finished, but I haven't done the blanket yet. I meant to take pics but forgot.

That's it. Just 11 items from me this year. I'll know if I've earned any ribbons in a couple of weeks.

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment