"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/18/17

Child's Mittens

I have a small project finished. A pair of child's mittens for Knitwits. I started this project months ago. It was my 'waiting in line or for an appointment' project. Easy to port around, but doesn't get worked on very regularly.



Pattern: Classic Mittens No. 615 by Bernhard Ulmann Co.

Made For: KnitWits

Size: Childs 5-7

Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash
Content: 100% Superwash Wool
Color: Brown

Needles: Circular size 5

Started: January 23, 2017
Finished: April 11, 2017



Knitwits needs lots of child size mittens for our local Head Start.



The past week was so busy. But I managed to get knitting time in. I've got the knitting done on a baby cardigan for the next layette set. It needs a button at the moment but it is already blocked.



I've started the matching hat. Probably will finish it at Knitalong today.

I did a refurbishing project last week too. I have two funky face sets that are put on trees, just for fun. They have faded and lost their colors in the weather so I repainted them. This is the first one. I had just finished painting the pale beige color.



This is how they looked when I got them done.



And on the pine tree in the back yard.



I finished painting the second one yesterday. It has to dry for 3 days before I can put it back on the tree in the front yard.

We've been getting lots and lots of rain the past 2 weeks, but we've had a couple sunny days in the midst of it all. I sat out on the deck Sunday and knitted for awhile. It was 60F degrees and beautiful out. The breeze was very cold though, so I ended up going back inside after an hour. Today it's raining big fat glops at the moment. North Idaho is thoroughly water logged.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment