"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/26/16

Amazing News

Yesterday I took Zoey back to the shelter to get a shot she needed. We got her from the same shelter as Mollie. I was feeling a little bit anxious about going because I didn't want Mollie to see me, though in all honesty I wanted to see her very much. However, it wouldn't be a good idea. Chances were small this would happen, but still, being one of those worrier type people, it was on my mind.

Thankfully, when I arrived there was no sign of her outside. So I took Zoey in, introducing her to a few people who were outside as I went (socializing is important). My niece was working the front desk. I introduced her to Zoey and told her what I was there for. She handed me a form to fill out, and another gal took Zoey in the back to give her the shot. That's when my niece said "I need to tell you what happened to Mollie."

I instantly went on alert. Did something bad happen? My niece told me that 2 Saturdays ago, which is the day we adopted Zoey, Mollie's original owner showed up looking for Mollie. He was out of prison and wanted her back. My niece said the reunion was wonderful. Mollie recognized him and was so excited and happy. They both were. My niece said she actually cried it was so amazing.

I could not believe my ears. The news lifted a HUGE weight off me that I hadn't even realized was there. I started to cry myself. I've been feeling so guilty about having to take Mollie back. I felt like I failed her. I made a big mistake, and she had to suffer for it. As it turns out, taking her back ended up being the very best thing that could have happened. When Zoey and I got back out to the car, I started crying with joy. I cried all the way home. Then I danced in the garage for a bit to the happy music in my head. I'm sure Zoey thinks I've lost my mind. I bet, though, that Mollie is the happiest of the two of us.

Speaking of Zoey. Pics!

She watches tv, intently.



And snoozing in my lap while I 'tried' to crochet the edging on a baby blanket.



Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment