"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/5/16

Bright Mittens

I had a skein of the Amity print I used for the last layette set left over, so I made a pair of mens mittens.


Mens Mittens #17 (for Knitwits)

Pattern: Modified my Seed Stitch Striped Mittens pattern .
Size: Mens Large

Yarn: Ella Rae Amity Print
Content:
 75% Superwash wool/25% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color:
 205

Needles:
 Circulars size 5.

Cast on:
 March 13, 2016
Completed: March 31, 2016


Comments:  Did stockinette stitch for the whole hand part. They sure are colorful.



I also finished a few doll things. I did this hat.



I cut some fabric squares from leftover fabric of a skirt I've made, bunched them together with a few pieces of blue ribbon, and sewed them on the hat.

I have also made 2 little sweaters, Ellowyne Wilde size. This first one is made with red Mohair. I put the lace pattern at the hem as well as at the neck.



This gold one is made with an Alpaca/Rayon blend. It was nice to work with.



We had beautiful weather this past weekend. On Saturday we unloaded the storage shed we call The Closet, then Doug and his brother moved it to a new location in the yard.



After that we put everything back in it. We did that because it was sitting right where the new garage is going. There's Dougs workshop that needs to be moved too. You can see a corner of it in the above pic. That is going to be the BIG job. It's quite a bit larger, and nothing inside is boxed up like it was in The Closet. I'm not looking forward to it, but it must be done. We will also have to take down the two large Grand Firs and the plum tree to make room for the garage. We have 3-4 weeks to get it done before the building materials are delivered. Then it will be garage building time.

Tonight Mollie and I have our first Dog Obedience class. I'm a little nervous and excited. I'm nervous about how she will behave when we get there with other dogs. I'm excited cuz I'm going to learn new stuff.

I took Mollie for a walk along the road this morning. This was the second time and it was so much nicer than the first time. She didn't pull on the leash hardly at all. I actually enjoyed walking with her. She is learning, and that is reassuring to me.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment