"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/2/16

WIPs for the New Year

This is my first WIP post for 2016. I haven't been knitting a lot lately. I've been rather sick since Christmas. The demon cold got substantially worse this past week. I've just about coughed myself inside out. So I've been doing a lot of laying around and sleeping. If things don't start to improve by Monday, I'm hauling myself to the doctor.

These first two FO's are what I knitted on the cruise. It's a couple of doll tops. Not much, but then, I didn't have a whole lot of time to knit either.



This project I started New Years Eve. I worked on this and watched season 5 of Downton Abbey, in preparation for the start of season 6 next week. It also helped me stay awake until midnight so I could toast in the New Year with a cup of Nyquil.



It's another layette set for Knitwits. It will go with this fleece for the blanket.



I do not have enough of the lime yarn for both the blanket and outfit, nor was there a label on the skein, so I don't know what kind it is. Not sure what I'm going to do about that. Maybe I will find more of it at the next meeting, or I'll use a different color for the blanket edging. I have enough fabric for two blankets. I hope to snag some yellow for the second set.

We are still up to our thighs in snow, though it hasn't snowed much since my last posting. It's been very cold. The high today, so far, has been 14F. I felt well enough that I dug out the hot tub so I could check the water and do the regular weekly maintenance. Didn't do it last week, nor have I even opened the lid, so was expecting some really skanky water. To my surprise, it's just fine. Water was as clear and clean as it could be. Temperature was good. Everything is working perfectly even though the power has been out half a dozen times this past week. So, I went and got my swimsuit on and got in it. It looked so inviting. Felt so good too. Here's the view I had.



It's a bit steamy. That's a glass of ice tea. Don't want to get dehydrated.

We've got lots and lots of icicles on the house. This is the back side (from the hot tub).



I should take a pic of the front side. I thought I had with my phone, but it's not there. We have a double row of icicles there. One row hanging on the roof edge, and the other row is hanging on the Christmas lights.

Here's another odd photo I took the other night.



This is icicles hanging on the Christmas lights outside the living room window. I said it was odd.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment