"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/4/16

Simple Woman's Daybook for January 4, 2016





Outside my window...
Snow, snow, and more snow. There is also a large quantity of birds hanging out at the Parkarosa Bird Buffet. We've got Crossbills this year. Yay!

I am thinking...
that I am glad my cold is finally getting better. Another Yay! I can actually breath through my nose today, and the coughing has decreased considerably. Now, if only the energy would come back.

I am thankful for...
My daughters, Ruth and Sarah. They bring much joy to my life. I am very proud of them. They turned out to be good, kind, responsible adults.  Ruth heads off to the University of Idaho in less than two weeks. I am both excited, and sad. I will miss her, but I'm also glad she's setting out on a new life adventure.

From the kitchen...
Blech. I do not feel like cooking anything. So I prefer not to even think about the kitchen right now, though I do hear the hum of the refrigerator coming from there.

I am wearing...
Night gown and my fuzzy purple robe. I intend to continue the resting and recovery from the cold today, so I'm being slow and lazy about getting dressed. I do have to go out later though. Rats.

I am creating...
Worked on the baby cardigan last night. Got the body done. Sleeve next!

I am going...
To the post office and the drug store today. I sold a doll outfit on Etsy over the weekend. Hurray! (Warrents more than just a Yay) I am also picking up a prescription for Sweet Hubby.

I am reading...
Until Proven Guilty by J.A. Jance. It's a murder mystery. A little girl is found murdered and Detective J.P. Beaumont is trying to find out who did it. It's one of my Nook books. I think I've read it before though. It's sounding somewhat familiar, though I can't remember who the criminal is.

I am hearing...
The washing machine on spin cycle. Also the tv is on. An episode of CSI:Crime Scene is on. I'm not really watching it. Just have it on for background noise.

Around the house...
Just a few Christmas decorations left to put away. I was working on it yesterday and ran out of energy before I got done. I'll finish up today. Probably won't take more than 20 minutes.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
I've got a Knitwits meeting this week. Looking forward to it. I also hope to get out some beads. I haven't done any beading in ages. I've got some projects I want to do.

I also plan to work on photographing some new doll outfits for the Etsy shop. I'm anxious to try out my tripod and lighting kit that I got for Christmas.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...
This is my daughter Sarah with a Hibiscus flower she grew. It's an old picture, but I ran across it the other day while cleaning out some files on the 'puter. I love this picture.




If you want to join the Simple Womans Daybook, click here.

Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the Simple Woman's Daybook blog linky. I hope that you feel better very soon. We have colds going on here, too.

    The picture of your daughter with the hibiscus is cute. She reminds me of one of my daughters, except that my daughter is blond. :)

    Congratulations on your Etsy sales!

    Have a great 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also found you via the Daybook. I envy you and your ability to knit such small items. I have never been able to either crochet or knit. Something about my inability to not being able to do it backwards from the teacher and being left handed. LOL. Would love to see your beading adventures though. Hope you get well soon

    ReplyDelete