"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/14/16

Hoot Owl Fingerless Mitts

I have FO'S!


Hoot Owl Fingerless Mitts

Pattern: Hoot Owl Fingerless Mitts by me (not available).
Size: Ladies Medium

Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash Wool
Content: 100% Superwash Wool, worsted weight
Color: 878 Lazy Maize

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 5

Cast on: December 12, 2015
Completed: January 11, 2016

Comments: I love how these turned out. I wasn't sure about the color when I started, but I love it now. I found it in my stash while looking for another color. I don't remember what I intended to use it for at the time I bought it, so why not for this? 



I sewed on size 8 Japanese seed beads in metallic brown for the eyes. These will be a gift for my hair dresser.



I also finished two doll sweaters.



Ruffled Yoke Doll Sweaters

Pattern: Ruffled Yoke Doll Sweater  by me (not available)
Size: To fit Ellowyne Wilde

Yarn: Sugar Rush by Queensland Collection (Discontinued)
Content: 100% Sugar fiber, sport weight
Colors: Pink and Lavender

NeedlesAddi Turbo Circular size 3

Cast on: December 6, 2015
Completed: January 13, 2016



I finished knitting the lime and teal baby jacket for Layette 6 today and started the hat while at Yarnies.

Had 3 turkeys in the front yard enjoying the Parkarosa Bird Buffet this morning. They would not let me take their picture with my camera. I did snap one with my phone but it was several feet from the window through the lower half where the screen is and it turned out lousy, so not sharing it here.

A lot of our snow has melted away because it's been above freezing the last few days and it rained yesterday. Most all the icicles have gone away. Our power has been stable too which has been very nice.

My daughter, Ruth, has gone to college. I miss her so much, and the cats definitely miss her. She's coming home this weekend though so that's okay. Our weekend plans are packing her belongings and moving them down to her new apartment via our pickup truck. Fun, fun.

Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments: