"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/4/15

North Idaho Fair 2015 Report

I am all done with fair stuff for the year. Yay! Here's my things and how they did.

My knitted items were not displayed very well. In fact, I thought the whole  building looked terrible this year. Don't know what was up with that. I guess they all can't be winners.

I got a blue ribbon on my black and pink Polarized hat,



I won a red ribbon on my red Little Brick Checks mittens. I won a white ribbon on the little Teal baby set.



I won a blue ribbon on my bead embroidered bracelet, Cat By The River.



Knitwits did wonderful this year. We had 50 entries. We had one Best of Show in crochet, and one Second Best of Show in knitting, 23 blue ribbons, 14 red ribbons, 8 white ribbons, and 5 honorable mentions. We're way up over last year. I am very proud of our group and how they did.

Got to do some deck knitting this afternoon. Only an hour, but I sure enjoyed it. I worked on the cardigan for Layette #4. The sun was shining. We had beautiful blue sky with fluffy clouds and a nice cool breeze.



Summer is definitely gone. What a change in just a couple days. The leaves are turning and the air has that crisp sweet fall smell, heavy on the pine. The lawn is starting to disappear beneath a building layer of pinkish orange pine needles. Winter is coming.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment