"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/11/15

Mens Mittens for Knitwits #14

I've finished another pair of mittens for Knitwits



Little Brick Checks Mens Mittens (for Knitwits #14)

Pattern: Little Brick Checks by me.
Size: Mens Large

Yarn: Plymouth Encore Colorspun Worsted
Content: 75% Acrylic/25% Wool, worsted weight
Color: 7596 Natural

Needles: Circulars size 5.

Cast on: June 25, 2015
Completed: August 7, 2015

These ones turned out so pretty.



With a little bit of effort, I was able to make them match fairly well. Here's a close up of the stitch pattern.



I only had a few yards of yarn left when they were done, so I was sweating that last thumb. 



I've already started pair number 15.

I finished the teal layette set last night. It is completely done. I will post photos later.

When daughter wasn't looking, I borrowed her knitting bag so I could take some good pics.



Here's the cute button I found for it.



And the back.



The pattern for this bag is here:  Charm Pack Tote Bag

If you've never worked with Charm packs before, be warned. They can be addicting.

We had a couple cooler days with a bit of rain, but the heat is back. It's being relentless this summer. So glad for that air conditioning!

I am almost done with the revamping of the flower beds. The front is completed and about 2/3rds of the back. Sweet Hubby helped me out with it on Sunday. I need 10 more bags of beauty bark to finish. What's done is sure looking nice though. The Forsythia bush I planted last spring is doing very well. I think it likes it's new home. I'm looking forward to seeing it bloom next spring.

Fair season is coming upon us. I've got 47 entries for the Knitwits this year. They are all registered, tagged, packed, and ready to go. I turn them in next week.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment