"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/1/15

Brrooties

While Sweet Hubby was away on his bike trip I put an ad in the Nicklesworth and sold our Kayaks for a very nice price. We hadn't used them for a couple years and lost enthusiasm for them, so we decided to send them on to someone else who would give them the loving attention they needed. As soon as the money was in the bank, I ordered a new doll. She arrived yesterday.

This is Ellowyne Wilde Brrooties.



She came out a few months ago. I love the outfit! In fact, I didn't really want the doll as much as I wanted the outfit she came in. I searched for someone selling the outfit without the doll, but apparently it's so popular no one is willing to let it go. Lots of dolls without the outfit, though that didn't help me. I finally decided to buy the doll with the outfit and then I could sell the doll separate. Now I have her and she's too pretty to give her up! My goodness, look at that beautiful face!




I've fallen madly in love with her. She comes with the fur hat, fur cloak, and jacket. Underneath is a very pretty dress,



 and those boots! They're absolutely scrumptious!



I love her hair too. It's such a rich gorgeous color and it's a wig. All in all, I'm pretty happy I bought her. I'm not letting her go ever.



Speaking of dolls, I gave Penn some eyelashes today.



My sister, Jodie, had some she didn't need and sent them to me. I think it improves his appearance considerably.



He came with the lower lashes painted on, but only black eyeliner above his eye. It looked a little off. Some people have said it gives him a bit of a creepy factor. He just needed a bit of eyelash is all.

My nephew came yesterday to work on my weedy flower beds. The job has turned out to be more work than I really thought it would be. He worked on it for a bit yesterday, then came back today and worked on it some more. He's just about done, but will need to come back to finish it. He said probably Monday because he's busy tomorrow.

It's been very hot the last couple days. Upper 90's. Makes it hard for nephew to work outside. Tomorrow is supposed to be 100F. Then things will start to cool down again. This afternoon, on top of the heat, smoke moved in from a fire somewhere. Hopefully it will clear out tomorrow.

I frogged the baby bootie I was making. I just didn't like how it was looking. I got to wondering if there was a similar looking bootie that was knit seamless and there is! I downloaded the pattern and knit the first one this morning. Just need to weave in the ends and get the second one done.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your review & pics of this adorable Ellowyne. I was on the fence about getting her, as I'm not normally a fan of wigged dolls and hadn't seen any non-Tonner pics of this doll yet. Your wonderful pics & review of her won me over though & I just got her on the Pre-Labor Day sale too - thank you!

    ReplyDelete