"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/29/15

Teal Baby Hat

I have finished the Teal baby hat.



Pattern: Magic Coffee Baby Hat by Tracey Kay

Size: 3-6 months
Made for: Knitwits

Yarn: Caron One Pound
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Ocean

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Maize
Yarn: Red Heart Baby Love Solids
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: White

Needles: Size 7

Cast on: July 26, 2015
Completed: July 27, 2015

I'm working on the booties now. One is knit and seamed. Just need to weave in the ends.




The jacket is done except for buttons. I will get around to that eventually.

Other knitting I've almost finished is a cabled cardigan sweater someone donated unfinished to Knitwits. All the pieces were done, and the fronts were sewn to the back. All that needed to be done was sewing on the sleeves and knitting the neck and button bands. It's all done except buttons-which I need to look for. I will take pics after I get them on.

I've also finished a sewing project. I've been wanting to make this little bag for quite some time.



I love the fabric! It's a fat quarter set I got at our local quilting shop. It's just a small little bag for socks, mittens or other small projects. I made it smaller than the pattern is for. I used gold cord for the opening. It sparkles! The pattern, or rather, the tutorial is on this blog: Pink Penquin

Sweet hubby came home Monday night. It's nice to have him back home.

I am looking forward to Friday. My nephew is coming over to clean the weeds out of my flower beds (yes, I'm paying him, generously). I haven't been able to weed them at all this year because of my knees. It's been rather frustrating. He's going to clean them out, and them I'm going to put down some kind of covering, then beauty bark, to prevent weeds from growing. I'm thinking newspaper. It would be the easiest when it comes to taking plants out and putting plants in. It works like mulch and has to be replaced every couple years or so, but I can do that. I've been collecting papers, which hasn't  been easy cuz I don't get the paper. Tomorrow I plan to purchase several bags of beauty bark.

The weather has been wonderful. In the upper 70's to mid 80's. Haven't had the air conditioner on at all this week. We did get rain over the weekend, which was wonderful! I had all the doors and windows open and aired out the house while it rained. The air smelled so good by evening time.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment