"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/29/15

WIPs

I've got a couple wips to share today. Knitting for KnitWits, as usual. I started another pair of men's mittens using the new Little Brick Checks pattern.



I have also started a layette set. KnitWits needs 150 layette sets this year. We lost our biggest layette makers this past year so we're falling terribly short at this point. I decided to get into making some. I ran across a member notebook on Ravelry who makes a lot of them for her own personal charity knitting and I love her idea. She makes blankets by crocheting an edging around a piece of fleece and then knits a sweater, booties, hat, mitts, and a bunting (I think she calls them baby bags) in a matching color pulled from the fleece fabric used for the blanket. She uses worsted weight yarn so everything knits up really fast. She has the most awesome color combinations and whatnot. I love looking at her project notebook. I've been inspired! I went to Joann's and bought a couple pieces of fleece. I'm going to make layettes, but mine will have the blanket, a sweater, hat, mitts, and booties. I'm not making any buntings. I've been searching for easy, yet nice, patterns to use for these layettes. I've started with a top down raglan pullover in yellow. I want to make them gender neutral for starters.



I'll be adding teal stripes to liven it up a bit. The blanket fabric is yellow and teal.



This will be fun! To make the blanket I will need to punch holes every half inch around the edge to put the crochet hook through. (I've done this before.) I found a nifty tool to make that easier for me called an Edgerydoo. I'll let you know what I think of it after I've tried it.

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment