"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/20/15

Twisted Triangle 2

After how long? I finally got around to making a second Wavy Triangle. (The first one is here)



This is just a glorified peyote triangle. The twists are created by changing the sizes of the beads.



In this one I used lavender delicas, size 11 seed beads in a green lined blue, transparent blue size 15 seed beads, and lavender silver-lined size 8 seed beads.



You make two triangles, then zip them together on the sides. It's a fun project!



When daughter Sarah was here earlier this month we did some beading together. I taught her how to make one of these (She used yellow, orange, and red in hers). We had a good time together.



Now I'm wondering how to make it into a necklace. It takes some thinking because I want it to be special. I need to get busy though cuz I want to enter it in the North Idaho Fair this year.



If you want to try making this little thing, there is a pattern. It is in Russian but the pictures are very good. I managed to figure it out just on that. No words necessary:


This week I worked on a restoration project. My friend Sue F has a very very old beaded necklace that was her great grandmothers. It was starting to fall apart. She asked me to restore it, so I bravely took on the project. Here it is, all finished.



It is a knotted necklace. I had to relearn how to do knotting because it had been years since I'd done any. I started out trying to do it with an awl, but I just couldn't get it. I ended up doing the whole thing with just my fingers. It didn't take very long before I got pretty good at it. Still, it's a long necklace, with a LOT of knots and it took me a full 4 hours to get it done. I also redid the earrings. One had fallen completely apart and was missing beads. I took a repeat pattern out of the necklace to redo the earrings.



I gave the set back to Sue today. She is extremely happy with it, which makes it all worth the effort I put into it.

Live long and prosper. \\// 

No comments:

Post a Comment