"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/14/14

Why?

My super power is Procrastination. I'm very good at it, sometimes to the point of ridiculousness. Take, for example, my shower door. Shortly after we moved into this house almost 22 years ago the handle on my shower door broke. I reached out to open the shower and it came off in my hand. It turned out to be defective. A day or two later I remember going to the hardware store for a new one, but they didn't have any in stock. They were willing to order it, but I needed the measurements. So I went home, with the plan to measure and return in a couple days. Ha ha. Never got around to it. It's been almost 22 years!



Last week I thought "this is enough!", I grabbed my phone, went to the Home Depot web site and in 3 minutes I'd ordered a new door handle set for all of 7 bucks and change. It arrived this morning and I installed it in less than 5 minutes.



Why on earth did it take so long for me to do that?

I think I'll go glue the formica coming off the corner of the  counter in the sun room.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I put off undesirable tasks too, even if they end up not taking long.

    ReplyDelete