"To label any human being as inferior based on their health, their appearance, their size, their choices in food or physical activity or any other arbitrary measure that is nobody's business but their own is bigotry." ~ Fat Heffalump

6/12/13

WIP Wednesday 6/12/2013


Time for a WIP Wednesday post! Remember the other day I mentioned that I seem to be in a Turquoise mood? This is why. I'm knitting a pair of Turquoise and brown mens mittens for Knitwits.



AND I'm knitting a shrug in shades of Turquoise, also for Knitwits.



Everything I make I want to use Turquoise. However, I have managed to slip in some other colors. This is going to be a pair of fingerless mitts (for Knitwits).



I've joined a knit along in the Ravelry Fingerless Gloves Fanatics group. This grey yarn is leftovers from the grey/silver/black/and white shrug I finished a couple weeks ago. It's just an unknown acrylic that was donated to Knitwits, but it has a beautiful silvery sheen to it that, sadly, doesn't show in the pictures. I just had to make a pair of mitts with it. The theme for the knit along is "Under-appreciated". We are to pick a pattern in Ravelry that has less than 15 projects to it's name. I've chosen Twilled Stripe Arm Warmers, which technically isn't mitts because there's no thumb/hole. But it came up in my search for fingerless mitt patterns, and I can easily stick thumbs in it. Currently, this pattern has 1 project to it's name. Mine. Hopefully after I get mine done, others might take an interest in it.




If you're interested in participating in WIP Wednesday, please join us.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments: