"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/27/13

WIP Wednesday 3/27/2013

This is going to be my last post for awhile. I'm leaving in the morning for my Dads. I've decided to leave the laptop at home because internet will be hard to come by on this trip.

I thought I'd do a WIP Wednesday post. This is the matching hat I'm making for the electric green baby cardigan.



I have figured out what knitting I'm packing for the trip. I'm going to take St. Brigid since I'm in a KAL for that one. I want to keep going on it. Octopus will be set aside until I get back. I'm also taking the above hat, yarn to make another hat for the turquoise baby cardigan, and supplies to make a pair of mittens for KnitWits. That should hold me more than enough. If not, there's a yarn shop there.

I had a really bad night last night. The phone rang in the middle of it. The hospital called to tell me my dad was having pulmonary edema and was not cooperating. They wanted him to wear an oxygen mask to help him breath and he was refusing it. Not sure what that was about. I felt so bad for the nurse. She refers to him as the cantankerous one now, which makes me laugh. I couldn't sleep the rest of the night though worrying about him.

I called the hospital first thing when I got up. He made it through the night and is coughing. Coughing is a good thing when you have pulmonary edema. I talked to him for a minute and let him know when I'd be there and asked him to be nicer. The staff at the hospital are helping him get well. I just talked to the nurse, he's not being so disagreeable now.

The stress is affecting my Panic Attack Anxiety Disorder. I'm having horrible panic attacks. I'm working my way through them though. I've got a list of 18 things to do to calm me down when it happens. I'm pretty certain once I get back there and can know what's going on for myself I will feel much better. It's mostly fear from the unknown. In fact, when I think about being on the plane I calm down a bit.




If you're interested in participating in WIP Wednesday, please join us.

Well, I have some packing to finish. Take care dear readers. Until I return...

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment