"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/22/13

And So It Ends

Got a call today. I've been let go of my position as Superintendent of Knitting at the North Idaho Fair. I think I mentioned at the end of last years fair how difficult a time I was having. We got a new manager. I was called into the office a couple weeks or so ago where I talked to him about the problems with the different departments in our building not working together and whatnot. Anyway, today he called to tell me I'm correct in that there is a serious problem in the building I work in, but he could not do anything about it because the problem personalities are too strong. Therefore, since I would be unhappy working in current conditions, he was removing me from the position. I'm welcome to work in some other department if I want, but I don't want. Quite frankly, I don't want a boss that can't deal with a serious problem with his employees. So I am no longer working at the fair.

Part of me is very upset because I care very much about our fair and not fixing the problem is doing far more harm than he can possibly imagine, and part of me is greatly relieved because, quite frankly, I don't really need the abuse and stress I put up with working with that bunch. Life moves forward, and maybe some day I can return to the position.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment