"To label any human being as inferior based on their health, their appearance, their size, their choices in food or physical activity or any other arbitrary measure that is nobody's business but their own is bigotry." ~ Fat Heffalump

1/18/13

Simple Womans Daybook for January 18, 2013










FOR TODAY
January 18, 2013

Outside my window...
Its dark. I can see the front half of a lighted deer Christmas decoration. Only the front half because the back half isn't working for some reason. Probably a loose bulb. I haven't been motivated enough to fix it yet now that Christmas is over.

I am thinking...
about the cruise a lot. We're leaving end of next week. I've got the packing planning going on in my head.

I am thankful for...
our furnace. It is keeping me warm during this frigid period of winter.

From the kitchen...
delicious smells. I put a corned beef brisket in the crockpot this morning. Luvin' it!

I am wearing...
a striped t-shirt and black knit pants. Comfy wear for doing housework-which is what I did today.

I am creating...
a baby sweater sleeve. It's about 3 inches long. I have also figured out the alterations needed to make the sleeves for the chevron sweater. I'm planning on knitting them this weekend.

I am going...
on a cruise to the Bahamas! I can hardly wait. I didnt' really start getting excited until earlier this week when I did our online check-in and printed out the boarding passes and whatnot. Suddenly it hit me. Oh my goodness! I'm going to the Bahamas!

I am reading...
Tarzan and the Ant Men by Edgar Rice Burroughs. I'm on page 1721 of the Tarzan book  collection.

I am hearing...
the tv. My daughter is watching Open Season 2.

Around the house...
I started a big project today. I've had piles of beading and knitting patterns I have printed out from the internet sitting on the dining room table. I'm finally getting them sorted and put in 3 ring binders. I'm a third of the way through the piles.

One of my favorite things...
Cruises on big ships going to tropical places.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Gonna knit those chevron sleeves, pack my bags, and get ready to go.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...

The view down my driveway on a sunny day earlier this week.




If you want to join the Simple Womans Daybook, click here.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments: