"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/18/13

Simple Womans Daybook for January 18, 2013










FOR TODAY
January 18, 2013

Outside my window...
Its dark. I can see the front half of a lighted deer Christmas decoration. Only the front half because the back half isn't working for some reason. Probably a loose bulb. I haven't been motivated enough to fix it yet now that Christmas is over.

I am thinking...
about the cruise a lot. We're leaving end of next week. I've got the packing planning going on in my head.

I am thankful for...
our furnace. It is keeping me warm during this frigid period of winter.

From the kitchen...
delicious smells. I put a corned beef brisket in the crockpot this morning. Luvin' it!

I am wearing...
a striped t-shirt and black knit pants. Comfy wear for doing housework-which is what I did today.

I am creating...
a baby sweater sleeve. It's about 3 inches long. I have also figured out the alterations needed to make the sleeves for the chevron sweater. I'm planning on knitting them this weekend.

I am going...
on a cruise to the Bahamas! I can hardly wait. I didnt' really start getting excited until earlier this week when I did our online check-in and printed out the boarding passes and whatnot. Suddenly it hit me. Oh my goodness! I'm going to the Bahamas!

I am reading...
Tarzan and the Ant Men by Edgar Rice Burroughs. I'm on page 1721 of the Tarzan book  collection.

I am hearing...
the tv. My daughter is watching Open Season 2.

Around the house...
I started a big project today. I've had piles of beading and knitting patterns I have printed out from the internet sitting on the dining room table. I'm finally getting them sorted and put in 3 ring binders. I'm a third of the way through the piles.

One of my favorite things...
Cruises on big ships going to tropical places.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Gonna knit those chevron sleeves, pack my bags, and get ready to go.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...

The view down my driveway on a sunny day earlier this week.




If you want to join the Simple Womans Daybook, click here.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment